Report and photos courtesy of Keith Ashton
[CLICK ON PHOTOS TO VIEW FULLSIZE - or view pics in accompanying SIMPLEVIEWER Presentation]
1. Brian explaining the hike from Karkloof Country Club
2. Max listens intently but still thinking about the Stones
3. Gordon explains his theory about the stones
4. Max & Gordon - the stone explorers
5. Margaret investigating the stones gun-sight arrangement
6. Our group re-assembling before heading for Karkloof Falls
We then continued on our way to the falls through the forest & various tracks on a beautiful day. The falls, although we have had very little rain, were still quite spectacular.
After spending time near the top falls where we had a nice rest & snacks in beautiful surroundings, we continued to the main falls & then made our way back to Karkloof Country Club where some of our group enjoyed lunch & welcome drinks.
The accompanying photos illustrate the hike.
Thanks Brian & the "stone men" Max & Gordon for an enjoyable & interesting Hike.
7. The top Karkloof Falls
8. Looking down the top Karkloof Falls
9. Some people know how to relax to the sound of water
10. The main Karkloof Falls
11. The main Falls from a distant viewpoint
12. A viewing platform
13. A furry caterpillar joining in the hike
14. On our way back to the Karkloof Club